Socially Distanced 121's
Code of Conduct
This code of conduct supports meeting safely face to face in a one to one setting during the current circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic. It has been written in line with local and national guidelines which are constantly evolving, it is important to stress that these are guidelines and do not replace your own judgement.
These guidelines apply to all staff, volunteers, young people and families and should be read prior to meeting face to face in a one to one setting.
Displaying symptoms and staying safe:
If you are at high risk from Covid-19, or if you are shielding a vulnerable family member you should not request a 1:1 meeting.
If you, or any member of your household is displaying any of the following symptoms of Covid-19 you should not request a 1:1 meeting.
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
- If you are isolating because you, or someone you have been in contact with is displaying symptoms of Covid-19 you should not request a 1:1 meeting.
- As all meetings will take place outside there is currently no requirement to wear a face mask. The choice to wear a face mask is a personal decision for both you and your worker. Some of our staff have family members they care for too and, as such, may wish to wear a face mask. If you would like us to wear a mask then please mention this beforehand.
- You worker will contact you prior to meeting to ask if you, or anyone in your household have developed any of the symptoms listed above. If yes, the meeting will be rescheduled. We expect families to let us know as soon as they can if unable to attend the 121 session.
- Young Carers under 18 will need to ensure there is parental consent to meet with your support/project worker.
- All 1:1 meetings must take place outside, eg. in a park or open public space.
- You and your worker must maintain a distance of 2 meters at all times. If unable to maintain a 2 meter distance we will end the meeting to ensure safety all.
- Meetings will need to take place where you can walk, or be dropped off to. We are unable to offer transport at this time.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and wear footwear that is comfortable to walk in. An umbrella or raincoat should be brought in case of rain.
- Bring a drink and/or snack with you. We will not be able to provide this for you.
- If you begin to display symptoms of Covid-19 in the 48 hours following your meeting, you must inform your support/project worker immediately. Similarly, if the staff member develops any symptoms you will be contacted also.
If you would like to request a 121 please get in touch with your usual worker or follow the links in the contact us page.
Version 2.0 – 18/08/2020