Face to Face Provision
We are delighted to have returned to face to face provision. Your young carers staff member will be able to give you information as to what is on in your area for your age group. Before you attend one of the sessions, please familiarise yourself with the Code of Conduct below.
Code of Conduct
This code of conduct supports meeting safely face to face in a one to one setting or group during the ongoing circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic. It is important to stress that these are guidelines and do not replace your own judgement.
The guidelines apply to all staff, volunteers, young people and families and should be read prior to meeting face to face.
Displaying symptoms and staying safe:
Please do not request a 1:1 meeting or attend a group or activity if any of the following are true for you:
- If you, or any member of your household is displaying any symptoms of Covid-19.
- If you, or any member of your household has had a positive lateral flow test.
- If you have recently had contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- There is currently no requirement to wear a face mask. The choice to wear a face mask is a personal decision for both you and the staff members you are meeting with.
- We expect families to let us know as soon as they can if unable to attend the session for any of the reasons listed above.
- Young Carers under 18 will need to ensure there is parental consent to meet with your support/project worker.
- Young carers are encouraged to bring hand sanitiser with them and to wash their hands regularly. Young carers are encouraged to wash hands when they return home.
- We will encourage everyone involved to work in a Covid safe way so that all attending face to face activities feel comfortable. If at any time, you feel anxious or concerned please let a member of staff know.
- If you are attending outdoor one to one’s or small groups, please dress appropriately for the weather and wear footwear that is comfortable to walk in. An umbrella or raincoat should be brought in case of rain.
- If we do provide food it will be in the form of a drink and snack and not a meal.
- If you begin to display symptoms of Covid-19 or test positive in the 48 hours following your meeting, you must inform your support/project worker immediately. Similarly, if the staff member develops any symptoms you will be contacted also.
If you would like to request a 121 please get in touch with your usual worker or follow the links in the contact us page.
Version 5.0 – 14/4/2022