As you know, due to the coronavirus, we have changed the way we offer support to you and your family. One of the ways we are offering support is by offering virtual group sessions using zoom video calling. As this is a new service we are offering we need to explain some of our expectations prior to your involvement.
When using video calling:
- Sit somewhere you are comfortable and happy to be on camera.
- Make sure you are dressed as you would at any normal group.
- Use a virtual background if you want to increase your privacy.
- Make sure you have a parent/guardian close by.
- Do not share your password with anyone.
- Use your real name so we know who you are and have your video on when you join so we can confirm this.
- Initially when joining Zoom you will be placed in a waiting room then the host (your project worker) will allow you to access the group, only when they recognise your name.
- Please do not share your screen so other members of the group can see it.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated speak appropriately and get involved in the session.
- Engage in the call – don’t turn camera off and mute mic as this means you are not participating.
If you would like to know more or get involved in one of our virtual group sessions please get in touch with your usual worker. We need your parents to confirm you would like to join in one of our virtual sessions and we will be sending out details of session times to you.
Once you have received joining instructions from us you will need to download the zoom app to your device, for a better experience we recommend a computer if possible. You do not need to create an account in order to access the session. When it is time to join the session use the link to come along.